Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Ever been Offended??

We all struggle daily with people who can offend us.. maybe they don't mean what they say.. maybe they do? Either way we can get upset, sad, frustrated, and even angry to the point of tears. How can we overcome this? How can we stop allowing ourselves to be overcome with emotion every time we see or hear the "offenders" voice.. I mean it's their fault you feel this way.. right?
     I was recently thinking about some people that have really hurt my feelings.. and how I've wanted to feel good about them and just couldn't. I found a talk that was given in 1995 by Perry Christensen.. He goes over "5 points to keep from having your feelings hurt"
the points are:
1. Build a Firm Foundation
2. Understand the Intent
3. Be Swift to Hear, Slow to Wrath
4. Don't  Seek Revenge
5. Seek Reconciliation
The talk is great read it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment