Thursday, January 26, 2012

Can I tell you something I'm sick of?

People saying..
  • "Your wasting your time"
  • "You don't believe in Christ"
  • "Why don't you look into your religion, and educate yourself about it"
    There's many other sayings I hear on a regular basis that I'm frankly just sick of.. but instead of being negative, bratty and sticking my tongue out at anyone who says these things..  I want to just tell the world (or the two people that read this blog) why I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day-Saints (or mormon) and why I'm out here in Montana doing missionary work.

  1.     I definitely believe in Jesus Christ. He is the whole reason I came on this mission. He is the center of my life. This church helps me to stay grounded in that belief and reminds me by activity, how important it is to become more like Christ.
    
   2.    I am here on a mission in Montana because I KNOW that the Book of Mormon is true. Yes I am educated. I have spent many hours in college "learning" according to this professor or that professors opinion on several subjects. Fact is I'm not a blind follower. I need to know the "why" in things. I would never just be a part of a religion just for the sake of following a tradition. I have read the Bible. I have read the Book of Mormon. I have found numerous evidences in the Bible that the Book of Mormon is valid.. but even so.. reading and researching isn't the only way you can know that something is true.  Practicing it is. I can learn all I want about Rembrant and how he drew so well.. but that would not make me a better artist. . I would have to pick up the pencils for myself.. do it on my own. Same thing with the gospel .. you have to start living the principles in the Bible and Book of Mormon to understand their importance.

   So there it is. I am happier because I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I understand the purpose of my life more because of it and want to share that with everyone I meet. That's why I'm here in Montana.. it's the truth.. now I invite you to find out for yourself. Just read the Book, pray, ask God, HE WILL ANSWER.
       Love, Sister Rachelle

No comments:

Post a Comment